Terms and Conditions
- Hirer Identification: The hirer shall give such proof of her/his identity as the owner shall reasonably require. One of which should be a current UK photo driving license or British Passport, or other accepted photo ID. Without the above, you may be declined hire of equipment.
- Hire Charges: All quoted services and prices are subject to availability, do not constitute an offer, and may be revised or withdrawn prior to our express acceptance of your order. No order will be accepted without your prior receipt of a written quotation. Your order constitutes an offer to purchase services under the specific terms stated in a quotation. On our acceptance of your order, you are liable to pay any fees due according to the terms stated in the quotation (also see paragraph 4. below). Late payment may delay or prevent delivery, and may also give rise to additional administrative charges.
- Provision of the Equipment: PA-PA Sound agrees to supply you with the audio equipment as described in the hire schedule/quotation for the hire period.
- Cancellation: On cancellation of an agreed hiring:
– Where we receive less than 21 days notice of cancellation, you are liable to pay the whole of any agreed fee;
– Where we receive more than 21 but less than 42 days notice of cancellation, you are liable to pay 50% of any agreedPA-PA Sound never cancelled or failed to turn up at an event we have been engaged to cover. In the unprecedented event that we cannot fulfill an engagement, our liability is limited to the cost of arranging alternative hire, subject to a maximum of the fee we have agreed with you. We cannot accept liability for any other direct or consequential losses. Our liability is also limited by giving you notice, in the same proportion and applying the same periods we apply to your liability to us (see above), and by force majeure.
- Force majeure: PA-PA Sound will not be liable for any failure to supply a product or service where that failure is wholly caused by an event beyond our control that we could not reasonably anticipate, forestall or prevent. This may include (but is not limited to) acts of war, terrorism, extreme weather conditions, or natural Where any public authority advises that only essential journeys should be undertaken, any product or service we supply shall not be considered essential.
- Ownership: All hired equipment remains the property of PA-PA Sound. You may not sell, lease, lend, sub-hire, modify or dispose of hired equipment. Where hire forms part of a purchase agreement, equipment remains the property of PA-PA Sound, until we have received full cleared payment of all charges including the purchase
- Property: Equipment remains the property of PA-PA Sound at all times. In the event of a breach of any of these conditions, PA-PA Sound may without prejudice to any other rights or remedies forthwith terminate the arrangement and repossess all their equipment. Re-hire is not allowed by the hirer without advanced written permission by PA-PA sound.
- Specified Equipment: PA-PA Sound are constantly seeking to improve the systems available. The equipment we provide may not be exactly as specified (although it will be equivalent to or better than the equipment specified). If it is essential to you that a particular item is exactly as specified, please confirm this with us before you agree a
- Equipment Condition: The equipment shall be deemed to be complete and in good condition at the beginning of the hire period unless any damage or missing items shall have been noted on the delivery note. Where equipment is used without our supervision, we check the condition and operation of all items before they leave us. On accepting delivery you agree that an item is in good condition and fully operational.
- Service and Repair: No service, repair, or non-user adjustment (as determined by the manufacturer) may be attempted without the prior express consent of PA-PA Sound. Where user-replaceable parts (e.g. fuses or lamps) are fitted by a hirer, only manufacturer-specified replacements may be used. Removal of covers or cover screws in all cases invalidates the manufacturer’s warranty, and you are liable for the full cost of replacing equipment where evidence of such tampering is found.
- Replacing Defective Equipment: PA-PA Sound will supply all equipment in good working order, however, in the event of a defect; the liability of PA-PA Sound will be limited to the repair or replacement of any defective equipment, at our discretion, if available. We are not to be held liable for stoppages or any consequential loss or damage arising out of work done or services rendered under any contract of hire. All faults must be reported to PA-PA Sound as soon as possible, during our normal working hours (9am-9pm) 7 days a week.
- Lost or Damaged Equipment: PA-PA Sound cannot accept responsibility for crowd control or for the safety or security of any other party’s premises, and unless it arises through our own actions you are liable to us for the whole cost of any damage to or theft or loss of our equipment at the event site however it is
- Equipment Failure: All equipment PA-PA Sound supply is electrically safe, fully operational, and in good condition. All our equipment is also of professional standard and well-maintained. Catastrophic equipment failure is therefore unusual and unlikely (and in our own equipment, unprecedented). However, we cannot accept liability for any direct or consequential losses arising from equipment
- Equipment: The equipment is not to be altered or modified in any way without the prior consent of PA-PA Sound. Equipment is not to be hired, re-hired or sub-hired to any third party or parties, without the express written consent of PA-PA Sound. The cost of replacing or repairing the equipment will be borne in full by the hirer. Any equipment that is lost, damaged or modified will be charged for at full hire rate until the loss is settled in full.
- Examples Of Loss / Damage / Modification:
– Damage by persons known or unknown, including audiences and artists (whether or not as part of the performance)
– Damage or loss caused by inadequate handling by third parties
– Damage by adverse weather conditions including water damage
– Loss due to theft on site or in transit
– Loss or damage during transportation
– Modifying cables by cutting and/or re-wiring plugs/sockets
- Use of Equipment: It is your responsibility to ensure hired equipment is suitable for the purpose, and is used safely and legally. Anyone appointed to operate or supervise equipment must be competent to do so (and must have received any appropriate training where required by circumstance or law). Equipment may only be used within manufacturer guidelines (manuals are available on request). Loudspeaker controllers are supplied correctly configured, and may not be adjusted or Any misuse of hired equipment entitles PA-PA Sound to its immediate recovery without notice or penalty, and may result in further action if it has been tampered with or damaged.
- Electricity Supply: It is your responsibility to ensure provision of a safe 230 volt AC power supply, provided from standard 13-amp sockets (or, by prior arrangement, 16A, and 32A single-phase 230V CEE form sockets). Where portable generators are used, these must be regulated and adequately WE DO NOT OTHERWISE CONSENT TO USE OF OUR EQUIPMENT.
- Third-Party Equipment: It is your responsibility to ensure that any other electrical equipment used in combination with ours is functionally and electrically WE DO NOT OTHERWISE CONSENT TO USE OF OUR EQUIPMENT. Where inspection or test records are not available, the presumption will be that equipment is unsafe.
- Loudspeaker Volume / Sound Levels: Our loudspeaker systems are capable of producing very high sound pressure High volume may be necessary to match on-stage instruments, or to project adequate levels to distant points in a large arena. Anyone using or operating our equipment may set levels that exceed HSE guidelines (either locally, or throughout the arena). The risk of feedback – also a cause of high sound pressure levels – is inherent in monitor systems. HIGH SOUND PRESSURE LEVELS CAN CAUSE PERMANENT HEARING DAMAGE. Repeated exposure can have a cumulative effect. It is your responsibility to ensure that anyone who may be affected takes any necessary steps to protect their own hearing (whether by limiting exposure time, staying at a greater distance from loudspeakers, using ear- plugs or defenders, or employing some combination of these or other appropriate measures). You may therefore wish to ensure that warning notices are displayed, hearing protection is issued, or safety barriers are erected. You expressly agree to indemnify PA-PA Sound for all costs and claims arising from loudspeaker output levels.
- Battery operated equipment: The hirer shall pay for batteries required for battery operated equipment (e.g. radio microphones, Di boxes), please check with our engineer which batteries are required.
- Insurance: It is a condition of hire that the hirer takes out adequate insurance to cover the equipment hired.
PA-PA Sound will at its sole discretion, charge the hirer for any equipment lost, stolen or damaged, whether or not this is covered by the insurance policy taken out by the hirer. PA-PA Sound reserves the right to see evidence that the equipment is adequately covered by a suitable policy, prior to checking out the equipment. However, this does not reduce the liability of the hirer for uninsured losses.
- Responsibilities Of The Hirer: The Hirer assumes full responsibility for the equipment from the time of hire to the time of collection. The hirer is responsible for the safe keeping of equipment and is liable for any loss or damage caused to the equipment during the period of hire. The hirer is responsible for providing suitable and adequate security arrangements for the safe keeping of the equipment during the period of hire. The hirer must take all necessary steps (at their own expense) to retain possession and control of the equipment and in the event of losing possession or control will take all necessary steps to recover the equipment. In the event of loss of goods or any item thereof from whatsoever cause or reason, the hirer shall immediately pay to the owner the full costs of replacement, details of which are held by the owner.
- Liabilities: Equipment is supplied on the understanding that it be competently installed and operated by the hirer. No liability will be accepted by PA-PA Sound for any damage to persons or property whilst the equipment is on hire to the hirer.
- Competent Personnel: Where certain hire equipment requires specialist technical knowledge or training for the safe or effective installation and or operation, the hirer will be required to undertake that competent personnel are employed. Where such an undertaking cannot be made, at the sole discretion of PA-PA Sound, a competent engineer will be supplied by PA-PA Sound and charged in addition to the hire rate.
- Hire Period: Hire charges are calculated from the date of collection / delivery to the date of return to PA-PA Sound. Permission for extending hire arrangements may be granted on request but must not be assumed. Availability and prices of equipment may vary from our standard rate or as advertised on our website and cannot be guaranteed for periods of extension. Failure to return, or be available to return equipment may result in additional costs. Equipment unless otherwise stated is hired on a daily basis (24 hour period).
- Payments: Payments must be made in full with cleared funds prior to checking out, unless the hirer has set up an account with PA-PA Sound.
- Contract of Hire: The placing of an order for equipment by the hirer or the issuing of a sales invoice by PA-PA Sound constitutes a contract which binds the hirer to accept these conditions and our full terms and conditions of business.
- Local Licences: The hirer is solely responsible for obtaining any licence, qualification or other authority, which may be required for the safe and legal operation of the goods hired and agrees to abide by all legal guidelines relating to the installation and operation of the equipment.
- Other licences: PA-PA Sound not liable for any music licence fee (if it’s applicable), even our Engineer/Technician play it. The hirer is obliged to pay the appropriate fees to the music rights organization.
- Behaviour: The hirer accepts a contract and terms and conditions with his behaviour the even terms and conditions not read.
- T&C changes: PA-PA Sound keeps the rights to change terms and conditions at any time without any previous notice. Any previous dated terms and conditions will be overridden by the new version even if it’s printed version.
- Transport: PA-PA Sound does not take any loss liable on a transport accident. (e.g. unforeseen car/van/lorry breakdown)
- Free delivery: Free delivery is available above the total of £59 order only in certain areas (See Delivery & collection page)
- Setup/Takedown Service Setup and takedown service are available only if setup and takedown don’t take more than 1-1 hour. (1h setup, 1h takedown). Above this time window, every started hour incurs a Sound engineer rate for every attended technician.
Setup/Takedown Service Setup and takedown service are available only if setup and takedown don’t take more than 1-1 hour. (1h setup, 1h takedown). Above this time window, every started hour incurs a Sound engineer rate for every attended technician.